Monday, October 27, 2008

man time

ok - first off i feel like an inadequate blogger. As i spend time (senseless hours) reading random blogs, i realize i am just a mom with a computer stuck at home during nap time. There are people blogging about "real" things, adopting children from foreign nations, changing the world through missions... I never promised to change the world just to make you laugh and cry while you read about a life the Lord has blessed me with immensely! I love this life and thank my husband for making me open to what the Lord is doing!


Now for the real stuff...garrett and kyle went on their first official camp out with the kindergarten boys of wre. it is a group called Building Christian Men that 10 or so dads and sons are involved with. i was thrilled to see him on Sunday when they returned (it is scary that with one kid gone i still had 3 to care for - frightening!)


First of all, a little about our second son. He is the most tender child stuck in the toughest body. Nothing is fair for Garrett. He is just close enough behind Mason that he realizes what he is missing. He hated his blond hair and blue eyes because Mason has brown (until Wags was born).


He spends hours in the backyard harassing nature. He loves to hunt, ride bikes, sing in his head "out loud", go on dates with mom or dad, and be the life of the party. He has probably never worked a puzzle with me or read a book all alone. He has always had a brother sandwiched around him. He has claimed the role in our family as Wagner's protector. He gets angry if you laugh at Wagner's hair and carries him everywhere he can. He is so passionate and loving - i love being his mom!


This is the child who is so particular about his clothes, sometime is is no collar, sometimes only a collar. he did wear a "uniform" to preschool because mason wore one to WRE. He is the first to notice and compliment my pedicure, new hair style, or a new outfit. He gets excited about sugar and will eat ANYTHING you put on the plate! His birthday is the highlight of his life - where on earth does he get that???


Garrett has taught me loud is ok, messy is fun. Just when i put Garrett is a box he surprises me. He is the first one ready for school (for those of you who know Mason, this is a shock!), and he can do ANYTHING by himself. He reminds me to see the beauty God has created - the roach is even a gift...



This is why it was such a treat for he and kyle to spend such great one on one time together. I fear he will get lost being between Mason and Reed- we did have 3 boys in 4 years. Ouch! I thank God that He made Garrett such a unique and lovable child for this reason.

2 comments:

Missy said...

How precious is Garrett? I love hearing your thoughts about him. I feel like I know him better.

I am glad you are back on the blogging train. Missed hearing from you!

angela said...

what a fabulous description of Garrett! your blog makes me want to go give Dixon a big ol hug-it reminds me of all the things that I adore about him! I guess that explains why Dixon and I enjoy Garrett so much.