Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Best Gifts

Kyle has been out of town and the morning conversations have been about Christmas, Santa, and when is school going to be out... This morning Garrett had a very special gift he was going to whisper to Santa so no one else would hear (me). For those of you who know me, you know i can't stand snakes (it is not a slight fear- i REALLY dislike slithery things!)

Our conversation went something like this:
Garrett: Grandmother Duke buys the best presents ever! (Grandmother Duke is Kyle's almost 90 year old grandmother)

Me: Oh really. Do you think she is going to buy you a Christmas present this year?

Garrett: Of course. She can buy me the ball python snake I want. (Grandmother Duke is a proper Southern women with the utmost dignity, kindness, and gentleness- not to mention the warmest most loving grandmother)

I am crying i am laughing so hard at Grandmother Duke with her walker at the pet store purchasing a snake...

Garrett: And i know...I can keep it at Mimi and Rocket's house since Dad won't let me have it here.

Ok- for those of you who know Donna (Mimi) this is even more hilarious that Garrett would even consider her with a snake. She had to learn to love Reveille when she lived with them for a summer. Of course, she did...for her son.

So poor Garrett is going to be terribly upset when he does not receive a ball python this year for Christmas. I love that God gave me 4 boys to raise - but i do not do snakes. i try my best to embrace the testerone by allowing wrestling in "designated" areas of the house, encouraging them to be what God has designed them to be....wild and brave. i laugh at how many times they have fought off the bad guys or trapped the wild bears in the backyard (Chili and Rio). I played Cabbage Patch Dolls and played soccer so i could get a uniform (running, no thanks!)

Merrry Christmas and Garrett can visit Shaeffer's snake.....

1 comment:

Cat said...

And just to nip any ideas in the bud now, as much as HutHut loves her Graham boys, the python can't live here, either. So sorry G-Muddy!