Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brotherly Insight

As Mason and Garrett were slowly making the hike down the alley for school yesterday, Garrett was attempting to negotiate with Mason for equal time pushing Wagner in the stroller. After several surprisingly civil comments, i overheard Mason say, "Ya know Garrett, life is just not fair." it was spoken with such authority and with a matter-of-factness.

it struck me as hilarious that Mason, in all his 8 years of wisdom, is training Garrett to know what it is taking me 33 years to realize. Get over it sometimes, life is not fair.
Mason did finish his lecture to Garrett with, "God has different blessings planned for each of us-so it can't be fair." funny... i pray they will share many more conversations that will influence their hearts for God.

This reminds me of the time all three older boys were riding in "Grammy's" car while i had a doctor appt. After several inappropriate words were spoken, in a Grandmotherly way, my mother told them to pretend Jesus was in the car. Garrett so eloquently responded, "Why would Jesus want to ride with us?" I love those kids!

3 comments:

The Ratliffs said...

Deep thoughts from Mason Graham... can't beat that! :) Love it love it.

Missy said...

I love the blog sarah! I am adding it to my regular blogs! I love your sweet boys. I will take either mason or garrett for lainey!

Had a great time with you tonight!

missy

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical!! Remember what Momo always told us..."It's not equitable!"

I need to meet the much talked about, yet seldom seen Wagner (PS -there's a Longhorn on your page...I love it!)

Love always,
Aunt Camille